Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Old School Nostalgia Part 1


Me in junior high with my best friend, note early stages of high hair. My Mom & Dad had to go to some Rotary weekend social event in Lake Geneva so they took me with. They let me bring a friend so I wouldn't be bored but more so they could go do their own thing without worrying about me. This meant we ran around the resort unsupervised for most of the trip. During this free for all, I met:

I can't remember this guy's name but I do remember he was a local, older then us and we chased him around all weekend. He ended up being my first REAL kiss. All wet, sloppy and tonguey. My best friend was pissed that he didn't like her and pouted the whole ride home. And yes, that is a mullet. A short one but a mullet no less.



Freshman year of high school with my new best friend at where else but the mall. As you can see, acid washed denim was high fashion, as was the high hair. Since the photo is so dark, I used a yellow line to indicate for you where our bangs actually peaked at.



Oh this is a good one. Sophomore year prom. First, let me just point out my rebellion against the high hair. Flat bangs. Now, I can't really remember why I wanted to go to this prom so bad since I only liked a handful of people going. But for some reason I did and it was already late in the game. My date ended up being the foreign exchange student (from now on labeled as FES b/c I don't remember his name either) from Honduras. At first I liked him, you know the accent and all, but by the time I got him to invite me to prom and many horrible hickies later, I hated him. I mean I wanted him deported. Turns out he was on the baseball team and ended up telling all the guys we, you know, "did it." This didn't help my already brewing early rebellious reputation. So by prom time, I already had a new beau, but didn't quite officially break it off with FES b/c I already had a dress and still wanted to go. Enter this guy:


Meet Rick. You can see the path I was heading. He too was older (18), from out of state and since I was only a sophomore I couldn't ask him to my prom (you had to be at least a junior to get the tix). But we'll get back to Rick.

So now I'm stuck going to this prom with this jerk off and I can't tell my family why I'm so pissed about going for fear of them thinking I'm "loose" and have them sit me down for a "talk." To make matters worse, since this guy is a foreign exchange student he can't drive in the US or some shit like that. So he left transportation up to me last minute. Well I don't have a car so I ended up asking my new boyfriend, information still unknown to FES, Rick to drive us. He says sure and shows up in this:


I'm triple pissed now. My first prom and it's fucked up from go. Plus, to make matters worse, I was looking forward to a nice, flowery nosegay to carry around and this dipshit shows up with a wrist corsage. In case you couldn't gauge how pissed I was in the above photo, here's a close up:


My Dad felt so bad and embarressed for me that he offered mohawk man, a guy who he has never even heard of before and looks weird (who also btw showed up with flat hair, a tweed ugly dinner jacket with a bow tie, out of respect for me), his brand new Bonneville to drive us in. Trust me, he was nervous as all hell when handing those keys over, but there was no way he was going to let his baby girl drive to her first prom in that hillbilly junker. It was worth the risk.

So long story short, Rick drove us, I ignored FES the whole time, stayed long enough to get the official prom picture, here:


Once back at the table I excused myself, went to the payphone, called Rick to tell him to come get my ass, and I promptly left my date at prom with no other ride home. I wonder when he realized I wasn't coming back? Reputation officially established. Not long after I think FES was asked to leave the country. Also, inevitably, the novelty of Rick wore off and I dumped him too. They both served their purpose at the time and I moved on.


P.S. for those of you wondering, NO I did not "do it" with FES.....I did it with Rick...just once, for experimental purposes only.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jada said...

Fucking priceless.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home