Friday, August 11, 2006

It's All A Wicked Game

Wicked Game

Still one of the sexiest videos ever made. It's like a fever dream.

I'll get into the concert details from last night later but more importantly did someone put a curse on me? I mean I donate to charities, I dish out money to homeless people on occassion, I return lost cell phones, I help little old ladies walk across the street (really I did this), I hold our neighbor's packages in our house so they don't get stolen, I share cabs. I do good deeds so why am I getting bombarded with this long string of bad luck? Someone PLEASE explain it to me b/c the only thing I can think of is I'm cursed.

We came home last night from the show only to find our dear City of Chicago greeting us with newly installed parking meters directly in front of our condo building. No notice no nothing just POOF and there they are. For over 10 years they have refrained from putting these up then we move in. No more free easy street parking for us. Yes there is side street parking but do I really need to go in to detail about how crowded and tough that's going to be? One of the worst parts is that on a stretch of street where normally 3 cars could park, they set it up to accomodate only 2 meters. So they have limited the parking even that much more. I had a mini melt down. Too much going on for one small girl to handle.

Now on to the concert:

Ok, first we didn't have tickets. It was a last minute add on show that I don't believe was sold out. I scored 2 tix for $75. People on Craigs list wouldn't give them up for less then $130. Face on them was $56.50 + ticketbastard fees. Score! In we go. I have never seen so many middle aged ugly women in my life. But I expected that. Show starts and 2 songs in Paul lets me go up front by myself to oogle up close.

As I make my way up I pass this MA broad and as I do she punches me in the back. Not hard but it was a half ass MA woman pussy punch. I stop and think this can't be right she must have tripped or something. I turn around and look at the dumb bitch who just hit me. I ask her did you just punch me. She weakly says yeah, you stepped on my foot. Are you fucking kidding me? I say to her "Are you fucking kidding me?! You're at a concert, its dark, you're standing next to a step and I didn't even feel that I stepped on you plus even if I did it was an accident." She just stares at me and she looks afraid like she's waiting for me to hit her back. Now trust me, my initial instinct is to punch this cunt straight in the head but I've waited a long time to see this guy, it's only the second song so I chose not to. I yell at her some more and people are staring. I tell her that if she just would have said ouch or tapped me and said you stepped on my foot, you know made some other effort to let me know besides punching me I would have apologized but now FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING CRAZY BITCH and I walked away.

I'm upfront right under Chrissy. He's hot, he's sexy it's great. Except for the overpowering pungent smell of cheap cologne and horse shit burning my nose. I kid you not. Horse shit. The cologne I get but shit?? Ironic, huh? But no problems. I watched him croon Wicked Game directly to me, yes ME. Well, me some of the time. Then I got bored and went back to find PE.

He was back by the merch table. He bought me a shirt. He said Chrissy comes back after the show and signs stuff (only stuff you bought there). I was first in line . Blah blah blah, Chrissy makes his way back. He practically runs me down to get behind the table, stands in front of me, automatically signs the shirt not even looking at me yet, as he does I tell him good show, its nice to finally see it and when will the Showtime DVD come out (he had a show for awhile in case you didn't know), he mumbled something I didn't understand, he stands up, finally looks at me, shakes my hand (he has nice hands) and says "you have really pretty eyes" then moved along to the next fat MA blob next to me. The Man in the Suit with the piercing beautiful blue eyes said that I have pretty eyes. Then we go home to find the parking meters. Lovely topper to what could have been a decent night.

As for a review he sounded great live but his bassist bugs me. Only way I can describe him is he just tries too hard. What I didn't expect though of Chrissy was that for a man who is revered as such a sexy man could be such a geek. He would pose and sing in his sexy way then turn around and do some stupid ass chicken leg kick or something. Or in bewteen songs it was like he was trying his hand at being a stand up comedian. He would have you locked in his dreamy spell, then whiplash you out of it by doing or saying some of the most unsexiest stupid things. That's why I didn't stay up there for very long. I didn't want to ruin this vision or persona of him that I savor in my head. I salvaged what I could and now also have that he thinks MY eyes are pretty.

I can't say never but I can confidently say I will most likely never go to another show. I've had my Chris Isaak fix. I'd have taken some pictures for posting but wait, yeah thats right MY FUCKING CAMERA WAS STOLEN.

P.S. PE the part you didn't understand in Wicked is "This world is only gonna break your heart." Isn't that the truth...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tequila Red said...

It is because you blow Kari off.

1:22 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

I didn't know that when you say you already have plans to go to a concert and that you will try to meet up if possible equalled being blown off.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Tequila Red said...

Don't try to hide it. You don't love me anymore.

10:20 AM  
Blogger melmar said...

I do too love you. Don't be a putz. When's your first day here? I'll show you lots of love.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home