Friday, February 09, 2007

Your Lucky Number For This Week Is Nine.

Is what my fortune cookie told me on Tuesday.

So far today:
1. I caught the bus to the el this morning soon as I stepped outside which NEVER happens (and I was late so this helped a lot).

2. I caught the el right when I walked up the steps.

3. My meeting today to review new creative that is being presented next Tuesday went well. The ADs actually listened to me for once and created pieces that can be produced within budget. But we also found out that our quantity may increase from 500M to 1MM! So the crazy ideas they wanted to do first may actually be an option now. Sound chips, lenticulars, crazy folds & die cuts whoohoo!

But so far today I think the best part has been:

4. Was shamelessly hit on waiting in line at Potbellys by an 18 year oldish out of state just visiting boy!

The kid had some balls. So I'm standing in line and these 2 kids are right in front of me. The cuter of the 2 starts telling his buddy about some girl he knows or met and how she has "one of those butterfly tattoos on her back. Yeah yeah a tramp stamp. Ohhh maan thats hot." Now thats the only part of their conversation I heard. Next thing I know a couple minutes later the guy turns around to me, as I'm looking up at the menu, actually leans one arm on the counter makes eyes at me and just blurts out:

HIM: Sooo (I swear I saw a wink wink in there but I could be improvising after the fact here)whats good on the menu?

Now my first instinct was to shoot back "me" but I know this kid is a KID and it questionably whether high school or college so,

ME: All of it actually.

HIM: What are you gonna have? (totally eyeballing me now. But who wouldn't, I was looking super cute today in my super cute hat that almost got me super killed before the Rhett show. It flew off my head out into traffic. But you just don't let super cute hats fly off to get run over by filthy dirty cars and left for some bum to pick up at 4:30 in the morning. You stop traffic. Here check it -



ME: It's a toss up between the veggie sandwich and veggie salad.

HIM: Ohh a vegetarian then.

ME: Actually, no.

HIM: Soooo, what school do YOU go to?

ME: (trying really hard not to let my laughter drop me to the floor) Uhm, I'm done with school. (he doesn't get it) Uhm, I work now. (still confused.) I'm 32!? (we have a winner)

HIM: Ohhh. I just, uh, thought you were younger. You look younger. Yeah, I got a sister who's 21 and people always think she's like 19. You know looks a lot younger then she is.

ME: Yeah? I've aged well huh.

HIM: So really, uhm, what should I get?



HAHHAHA! "YEAH. YEAH, I'M REALLY NINETEEN." Can we say full circle people, fuuull circle. Booyah! I still got it....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "super cute hat" looks like the one I have on my myspace page.

9:28 AM  
Blogger melmar said...

Is it fuzzy? Mine is fuzzy.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home