Sunday, January 07, 2007

Bring on the Auto Show



I'm actually kind of sad. For 8 years this has been my car. We've been through a lot. But then happy b/c I'll get to have a nice, new, shiny one to replace it but then sad b/c I'll be back to car payments every month for like forever.

Sold it to the person I said was perfect for, a college student...from Houston of all places (her fam lives in NW IN). I placed my updated ad on Craigs List late Fri afternoon, she called Sat afternoon and looked at it Sun at noon. She showed up with her dad, mom AND grandma. Nice family, also no negotiating, they just paid what I asked (which was a fair price, although they don't know about the $2M worth of work it WILL need SOON. I feel kinda guilty....but not THAT guilty about it. Hey they could have asked to take it to a mechanic for a once over.). So after the girl said this was the nicest car they have looked at, and we got past grandma excitedly asking to see "that huge rock on my finger!" and we established "yes, yes it is very expensive to live here," we went to the bank. "Buyer Beware" and "As Is" were my 2 most favorite phrases today, oh yeah, and "I prefer cash." Paul didn't think I'd get even close to what I was asking. HA! Who knew I'd be such a stellar saleswoman.

I tested this on Sat. I think I'm past theMustang phase now, although someday...



More for the money, comparable to the Accord and, unlike Honda, Mazda has great rebates & incentives. Which will only be more come February. Decisions, decisions. 2007 is already shaping up to be a better year then last.

2 Comments:

Blogger State of Confusion (Steve #2) said...

Conratulations on selling the car and thanks for the advice with the toy dog. I showed it to my daughter and the look on her face made my weekend.

9:12 AM  
Blogger melmar said...

Thanks! I just didn't think I'd sell it so fast. Craigs List rules. Glad I could help on the dog thing. Like I said, this could be the best toy ever made. The kids just kept feeding it and feeding it and feeding it...

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home