Monday, November 27, 2006

It's Not Sipping Margaritas on a Beach

but at least I'm not at work. I'm ooto all this week. It was a use it or lose it deal. My week consists of boring house chores that I have put off for over a year. Like those damn curtains. But maybe just maybe there will be a new car in my future. I need one. It's time. I just picked up my car from the shop today. I took it in to get a report on what is wrong with it. Turns out a lot. Much to their dismay I only opted to fix only one small thing, the broken gas gauge*. I mean who needs functioning U joints on ALL sides. Seriously the amount I'd spend to fix it up would be about 1/2 the amount of what the car is worth. Trust me I'm not looking forward to another car payment for the next 20 years of my life but frankly, I'm embarresed to drive what I have (not to mention it's just jinxed). I have actually witnessed clients cringe at the site of my car. So sadly after much review, I have realized that I will not be driving the new Beemer I yearn for but it will be a foreign model (F this GM crap). Honda Accord or Nissan Altima. Both safe, solid, reliable sedans. If I don't show my age, my car will. How sad is that?! Either way it will be an upgrade from what I have now and thats all I ask for.

* I guess in order to fix the gauge they had to empty the tank. Now I can't say for sure b/c it was broken when I brought it in but I should have had about a half tank of gas. When I drove off the lot it was as far empty as it could possibly go. Bastards stole my gas!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Buzz said...

Hugs was in an accident in her Accord a couple weeks ago.. Cops said the vehicle that rear ended her was going about 25 MPH and she was at a dead stop. All that happened to the cars was the plastic molded bumper was creased a little.

More importantly, my baby came out of it unscathed.

For the price and safety, I'd say Accord.

9:14 AM  
Blogger melmar said...

I'm glad Hugs was ok! I have to say no matter the speed, being in an accident shakes you up. She needs to watch how her neck is. She could develop problems later on, sort of a delayed reaction. I believe you have 2 years to sue. Hopefully she'll be ok.

Almost anyone I talk to says Honda is solid. Even the service guy at the GMC dealer told me to buy a Honda. We'll see...

11:21 AM  
Blogger Buzz said...

In reply to my OCD concerns...

Office Space...

NEXT!!

lol,

Buzz

12:24 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

Wrong answer but close! Melvin Udall from "As Good As It Gets".

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive compulsive disorder, then act like I have some choice about barging in here?"

1:26 PM  
Blogger Buzz said...

Awww Dangit... His name was "Milton", not "Melvin"


Consider me defeated, glad we didn't bet like I originally planned.


-buzz

2:06 PM  
Blogger State of Confusion (Steve #2) said...

"I mean who needs functioning U joints on ALL sides."

Is it U joints or CV joints. If it is U Joints, PE can fix them with a hammer pliers and the new U Joints. If it is CV joints, you need special tools to clamp on the protective boots to keep the grease in and the dirt out. That still isnt a huge job.

I would hate to see you break down, pluss the cost can get ALOT worse if one of them fails.

9:42 AM  
Blogger melmar said...

Its the rear and front U joints plus front hub bearings are dropping out & something about an idler arm is bad. My brother (an ex mechanic) said the same thing you did. Now you'd think hey why doesn't your bro fix it for you, well that gravy train is long gone! I now look to him for computer support. Anyhoo, thanks for the advice but the bottom line is I just want a new car and don't feel like putting th emoney into this old car. I'm tired of having an SUV and I've had it for close to 8 years now. It's time.

5:28 PM  
Blogger State of Confusion (Steve #2) said...

If he is your older brother, the gravy train should NEVER be gone. I live out in the Chicago Suburbs and I still have to fix my little sisters car and she lives in Baltimore. It is payback for running off all her boyfriends.

SUV? Wow, I was expecting something like a converable sports car. Go figure.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home