Monday, November 06, 2006

10 Things You Didn't Know About Me

What?! Do you have anything better to blog about lately? Yeah, that's what I thought. Now shut it and read it.

1. I have a tendency to start reading books but stop a 1/4 way through and not pick it back up until months, sometimes a year or more later.

2. I refer to my cat as Whisks or Mr. Whisks (not his real name).

3. My husband is a recently pronounced recovering drug addict. Isn't married life great?! Seriously, I still love him but now who am I going to do my drugs with??

4. I've met with a head doctor twice but am not impressed and prob won't go any more.

5. My brother used to chase me around the house with this:

because he knew it scared the bajeezus out of me. To the point where I would bawl (the inside is even scarier but I can't find pics of it). I still find it disturbing.

6. I was a flautist in elementary school. A band nerd. And the one time only exclusive big recital where I had a solo part, I left my flute at school. This after the band director told us a bazillion times that day to not forget and leave your instrument at school. Which coincidentally, was the only time I ever left it at school.

7. I won a blue ribbon while show jumping a retired race horse named Sly Guy.

8. Instead of correcting silly, ignorant tourists when they look up in amazement at this building

and murmur to their friends and family (like they really know) "that's the Sears Tower," I just laugh at them and keep walking.

9. I hate doing probono work even though I should feel good about it.

10. And, as recently witnessed by my sister this year, although I love going to haunted houses, I act like such a scared wuss once inside. I cling to the arm of whoever is with me, scream the whole way through, actually whine outloud "why do they keep following me?!" in front of the monsters/actors, and basically run through the house not stopping to take it all in. $14 for about 5 minutes of scare. She was a little disappointed.

# # #

I'm slow, blog is slow. I blame it on the weather and #3.

A parking spot opened up in my building for cheap. PE & I were all over it and it's mine mine mine now. Renting only of course but prob for as long as I want it or until the guy sells his place. Just in time for winter. No plow mishaps, no worries of no parking when snow is 2 inches or more, dumb people who can't park in snow and hit my car and leave big holes in my bumper, no cleaning off car in the middle of a snow storm, no shoveling out where people have shoveled me in, no meters and no drunk people peeing on it, scratching it, pulling off mirrors or whatevs. For at least 6 months pure parking bliss. I hope my car fits in the space....

My work has given us the week between x-mas and new years off, paid. Now that's a good bonus.

My birthday is in 8 days. I'll still be nineteen...

6 Comments:

Blogger Buzz said...

I played sax until the 9th grade and "unintentionally" forgot my new reed for my big solo. My only regret is that I told the band director too early and she went out and bought me a new one...

Glad about the parking spot, I bet that's a relief in that kind of weather.

Hope PE is doing well.

-buzz

9:45 AM  
Blogger Tequila Red said...

BIRTHDAY PARTEEEEEEEEEEEE!

11:45 AM  
Blogger melmar said...

Reeds! HA! Those always grossed me out. They get all kinds of spitty and they smelled icky.


Any excuse for a party Red! Although I'm sure both of us will prob be home in bed by 11pm that night...

2:06 PM  
Blogger Concert Josh said...

"Although I'm sure both of us will prob be home in bed by 11pm that night..."

together?

4:01 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

THAT'S NOT HOW I MEANT IT JOSH! As much as you would like that to be true, I meant separately b/c we are both getting too old to stay out late! perv...

1:38 PM  
Blogger State of Confusion (Steve #2) said...

Damn

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home