Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Rah Rahh Go Team!

I had to attend a work function last night at ESPN Zone. It was to celebrate the agency's big Wal-Mart win. One of the largest agency wins in the US. It's huge. So due to the magnitude of this awesomeness, Mayor Daley popped in for a bit to mingle (although I just missed him) as well as this goofy named Chicago Bear:



Adewale Ogunleye and his signature expression.

He was signing mini plastic footballs with our logo and Wal-Mart's on it and taking pictures. I guess that must be some really hard, strenuous work b/c by the time I got up to him he didn't say hello, had a very obvious "get the fuck away from me" look on his face and actually moaned when we asked if I could get a picture.

I don't know, I guess he is smiling.

After these festivities I made my way over to the Cobra Lounge to rock out with one of our not so popular bands, Sound of Urchin. When the drummer came over to hang out with us before the show I promptly knocked over not 1 but 2 of my drinks in front of him like a complete spazz. All due to the enormously long straws they were using not b/c of being "star" (hahaha) struck. Really, they just got in the way. But I was made to feel less spazztic later on when PE and one of our other friends followed suit with the whole spilling of the drinks game.

So now I'm at work. I had to drag myself in. I was going to call it a day half way through but as you can see thats not working out as I planned. I'm tired, hung over and dizzy. I just want to go home. BTW PE behaved all proper like for those of you who are wondering.

Speaking of PE, we learned how extensive the hole in his nose is. We can actually pull a piece of floss through it. I'd post the picture but it disgusts even myself. Fun with recovering drug addicts. You learn something new every day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Concert Josh said...

I saw that picture.

So you go out to see SOU, but skip the Heartless Bastards show? Lame.

4:00 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

Blame it on nose guy. He's calling the shots. Besides, we'll see you this Saturday for the special VIP party Red is helping plan for me.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Buzz said...

sounds like a decent night. did you ask big man why his team lost on Sunday??

WTF was that?

3:28 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

Hell no I didn't ask him why they lost. You see how big that guy is next to me AND he already had an attitude. It was tempting though given his crappy attitude. I really should have rubbed it in...

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home