Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Why Do I Bother?

I have been so swamped at work with being out of town for press oks, all my projects hitting at once and getting ready to cover 2 people while they are on vaca that I just don't have time or the energy to update anymore. Even when I do, I put myself to sleep just writing it.

I've covered work.

So that leaves:
The wedding I was to stand up in this August has been "postponed" due to "problems that need to be worked out first." Even though I'm out about $140 it still saves me money in the long run.

School starts in 3 weeks. They require you to have a white lab coat. I got it. I feel like saying "I'm not a doctor but I play one on tv" when I wear it. Funny how people's perception of you changes when you where one of those.

Went to my first Cubs game last night AND they won. A Sox fan, surprisingly, sent this to me
http://www.spankwad.com/northvssouth.html I'm sure you've all seen it but it's still worth a laugh.

This Thursday SuperSuckers play at the Abbey Pub.

I'm getting excited. Rescue Me, Deadwood & Entourage will be premiering soon.

My name is officially finally changed according to SS.

I finally got rid of the stupid personalized plates I paid extra for 8 years ago. I have no idea why I thought it was a good idea to get them in the first place but I've been too lazy all these years to get rid of them until now (name change forced me to go in to the DMV). Maybe now my car won't get hit as much. We'll see.

My condo building is redecorating the common areas. One thing they did was put in new tile. It looks nice but it is the slickest kind possible. No traction whatsoever. Smart, reaaal smart. We really need to start going to these association meetings.

One other thing about work, my agency is thinking about merging with another local agency, but my company said last week "don't believe the rumors about this merge thingy b/c it's just not true, period." Then yesterday the SunTimes printed a pretty scathing article about how it is in fact true that we are entertaining the idea. If that happens jobs will be lost due to "redundancy", others will jump ship and moral will go straight into the toilet. TR it's Lisa's agency if you hadn't heard.

Dear husband sent me this link http://messybeast.com/freak-face.htm Here's a sample of what you can find on it. I haven't looked at my cat the same way since.


Oh yeah - Curtains are still not installed. The tin foil is taunting me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home