Thursday, April 06, 2006

Chicago Under Siege!

This morning I thought the city was A) Under attack or B) Preparing for an attack b/c I had a pack of these hovering around outside my window. I think they showed up about 4:30 this morning and was the reason I started having a nightmare (b/c they annoy me so in real life I brought that annoyance into my dream as a different form). I dreamt PE got shot in the chest at my childhood home and I couldn't get an ambulance to come get him. The only way I could get him to a hospital was the UPS truck that stopped there to make a delivery. Nothing else worth noting in the dream b/c soon after the humming thumping noise pulled me out of my slumber. Three of these birds were just hovering in a perfect triangle outside our condo. It's like they were waiting for the sunrise along the skyline. I pulled the BInoculars out to see whats what. I didn't see any news channel info on them so I think they were private tour helicopters. When I went out on my deck to evil eye them, 2 of them after a minute took off. The third didn't budge. I went back in. 5 minutes later I went back out and the 2 had returned. Again, b/c I think they saw me, they flew off again. This game went on till about 7:30 this morning. These assholes, whoever they are, stole 3.5 hours of my sleep. I daydreamed about if I had a grenade launcher how it would feel to take them all out. Then to top it off, once they finally did leave and I had only a half hour to lay back down a damn diesel semi parked outside the White Hen and just sat there, running & grumbling away. No sleep for me. Do any of you know what these machines sound like, especially outside your house just lingering about? And how once you are conscious of the noise they make that it then becomes all you can focus on? Needless to say I was in a foul mood. It hasn't gotten any better b/c here at work, up the street they are reconstructing a building and all I hear all day long are those machines. I'm buying ear plugs. And for those of you thinking "hey why not just move to the suburbs?" Huh? What? I can't hear you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carl Rogers said...

Make someone's day with a spoof picture! go on you know you want to. . . Send me an image, give me an idea for a theme and leave the rest to me. E-mail me at carlrogers@spoofworld.co.uk and i will create a spoof picture just for you. YOUR OWN SPOOF PICTURE give it a go, you won't be disappointed. visit www.spoofworld.blogspot.com

1:51 PM  
Blogger Concert Josh said...

they probably saw your boobie post and wanted to check them out for reals.

I woke to one of them floaty things last week when some guy died in a fire at the end of my street. But I got to see the news shots form it.

I am totally emailing the spoof picture guy.

6:23 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

HAHA! So spoofy!

I'd almost believe that the choppers were trying to peek but they were faced the other way. I should have flashed them but I was too pissed that they woke me up.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home