Monday, March 06, 2006

I've Been Bad

But not in the way you'd like to read about. I've slacked off on posting. Last week was crazy and by all means not a good one. Plus the weekend didn't top it off well either.

Last Monday evening just before I was about to skip out of work, I got a call from the client asking if I could be in Bloomington the next afternoon for a press ok. Of course I have to go. Not really a big deal especially when I get to do this (and I'm sure I'll get yelled at for doing it for a couple of reasons but boy was it smooth. Also, don't even think I did this the whole way either. It was a test. I mean if we aren't supposed to test the limits then why are they even made to do this??)


All goes well, back home I went beating rush hour.

* * * *
Now Tuesday, there was a seminar in Bloomingdale (some west suburb) that was "suggested" I should check out if I could. This meant I could only work till 12. Figures that not only did I have to catch up on what I missed the day before but this day was turning out to be a bear in itself. I finally cut the tie and left with my print out of directions from Expedia in hand. Directions went smooth until at at the end I found myself in the middle of a subdivision instead of an industrial park (where I was supposed to be). I call the place up and get the real directions from them. I make it in and they tell me "oh, heehee, we're not recognized on any of the online map services." Plenty of other people were late too b/c of this. Call me crazy but you'd think they would let you know this on the invite AND give you directions but heck what do I know?

Due to the fact that people were late, we started an hour late which means I left an hour late. Now I had dinner plans back in the city (which I had been looking forward to) at 6pm (I'll get in to the importance of that time in a minute). So instead of staying to have free drinks, free appetizers (possibly dinner) and catching up with an old rep of mine that I didn't know would be there, I scrambled to get the hell out just in time to battle rush hour back to the city.

Surprisingly I was able to snag PE and make our way over to dinner by 6:30. On our way we put a call in to out dinner dates only to find out they didn't wait for us, ordered their food and it was on its way to the table. That forced us to take a pass on dinner. Who wants to walk in at the end of dinner then order your own food and have people watch you eat?

Relevance of 6pm. A group of us had been trying to get together for this dinner for awhile now. Finally we narrowed it down to a restaurant and the 6pm time was thrown out there. 4 of us said 6pm is too early and will not work. Make it 7. We were assured that the other couple who wanted this time said no worries. We'll be getting there early so we want to have a table. We'll sit and have drinks while the rest of you show up when you can. So you figure 6pm get a couple drinks at the bar, 6:15ish get to the table, 6:30 call to see where rest of party is and depending on that THEN order food. Obviously this was not the case and no one called us to say any different. Needless to say we will not be accepting any dinner invites that are for 6pm no matter the explaination of how you will wait. I skipped some free food & drinks then battled with traffic from the burbs to make this date and in the end still missed it. A smidge rude if you ask me. PE & I still ended up having a lovely dinner at a quaint mexican place on Southport. Muy buenos!

* * * *
So now we're up to Thursday. I'm really slammed b/c I've been out the last 2 days. Work is booming and people just don't seem to get that I can't answer whatever stupid question they have b/c I'VE BEEN OUT THE LAST 2 DAYS. Then add on to that, a certain person who did understand I was out volunteered and specifically said "don't worry about this project, I will take care of it", but DIDN'T. At the end of the day the team the project was for stormed my office yelling at me looking for it. I went to said person who said they would take care of it, but who played dumb, we ended up fixing it together and then I got yelled at again saying "well next time lets (read you) try not to let this get that far." WHAT?! You fing bitch? You SAID you were taking care of it. Sigh...

* * * *
Friday actually wasn't so bad except that the plans I had made to go out that night were blown off by the other party. Not really a big deal but back up plans were not in place which led to a boring night at home.

* * * *
Saturday morning I went to Navy Pier to watch my insanely smart, beautiful, talented RED HEADED niece compete in a cheerleading competition. She's 8 and her team took first in their division, mainly b/c no one competed against them but if they did they still would have won.

I felt really bad for the Key West, Florida teams. Their uniforms were the hoochiest whoriest of all. So bad that their own mothers were making fun of them. Barely a half shirt with a one arm sleeve and skirt that was like a tube top. The uniforms fit no one properly or comfortably. Preteen fat was squishing out all over the tops of those skirts & under their tops. It was so bad and ill fitting that it would interfere with their performance. Constantly tugging and pulling things down and out.

The topper was after they were done some of the girls actually unzipped the back of their skirts prob to stop it from slicing into their skin any further. To make matters worse, this was also one of the most overweight group of cheerleaders I've ever seen. I thought for sure some of their back flips would be flops b/c of how heavy they were. And I won't even get in to the glittery clown make up they had on or the bundles of curly fake hair perched atop their noggins.

After it ended (we didn't stick around for the high schoolers), we had lunch and parted ways. I decided to stroll along the lakefront to sort some stuff out in my head. It was very cold but so pretty.


After I came home, tried to figure out what to do that night, had a mini life crisis/self evaluation, chased a sleeping pill with a glass of Jim and off to dream land I floated.

* * * *
Sunday wasn't much better. I'll just leave it at that. But in the end it did get better. Some dirty laundry was aired and can now be altered to fit again. I hope.

* * * *
That brings me to now. I'm looking into flying out for a quick weekend trip to CO to ski with my sis. Find more info on EMT school. Try to get time off to see Ween in Atlanta next month. Pay some bills and fight the urge to stab my office mate in the neck with a pencil in an effort to cease his lamaze mouth breathing habits.

1 Comments:

Blogger Concert Josh said...

I wish I could go see ween in ATL....

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home