Friday, March 10, 2006

EMT Humor

In reference to filling out paperwork using slang and abbreviations to describe patients:

1) Cardiac patients should not be referred to as suffering from MUH (messed up heart), PBS (pretty bad shape), PCL (pre-code looking) or HIBGIA (had it before, got it again).

2) Stroke patients are NOT "Charlie Carrots." Nor are rescuers to use CCFCCP(Coo Coo for Cocoa Puffs) to describe their mental state.

3) Trauma patients are not CATS (cut all to shit), FDGB (fall down, go boom), TBC (total body crunch) or "hamburger helper." Similarly, descriptions of a car crash do not have to include phrases like "negative vehicle to vehicle interface" or "terminal deceleration syndrome."

4) Persons with altered mental states as a result of drug use are not considered "pharmaceutically gifted."

5) Gunshot wounds to the head are not "trans-occipital implants."

6) The homeless are not "urban outdoorsmen," nor is endotracheal intubation referred to as a "PVC Challenge."

7) And finally, do not refer to recently deceased persons as being "paws up," ART (assuming room temperature), CC (Cancel Christmas), CTD (circling the drain), DRT (dead right there) or NLPR (no long playing records).

* * * *

I register for summer classes next week. It's the first step to my new career.

A BIG thank you to Miss TR and Stacy for vouching about my character and only having to fib a little bit. I hope you know it means a lot to me and there is a reason I asked you both to do it. Over the years you both have been great friends to me and I truly value those friendships. I know I can trust you both and if there is anything I can ever do for either of you, all you need to do is ask. So thanks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendi O said...

EMTs are funny.

Good luck with the classes, Mel!

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home