Thursday, February 23, 2006

The New Me

apparently has a black, disgusting mole in the middle of my left cheek.

My new driver's license has a spot on it. My ID does not. Guess which will be carried more often? At least until a month goes by and I claim the DL was lost and have to get a new one. Yes, I know it will be the same picture, but the spot came from poor production. Call me vain, call me "one of those people" but you all know you MFers are the same way about it and would get a new one too. It's even harder to accept b/c I had a great DL mug before that I just got in the last year. We called it the Barbi Doll. People actually complimented me on it when they IDed me. I thought for sure they would just use that pic but I guess when you change name and address, they don't.

Tried to change title & registration. I won't even go into details here about that waste of time. I have to go back to finish it. Swear words trailed me as I stormed out. Because of that, now I have to wait to go back in so they don't recognize me.

More annoying news, I have a new office mate. They swapped out the guy who is never here, is very neat and very quiet with a loud, "space challenged", messy (I think), talks about his kids all the time, almost always here guy. He positioned his computer so that he faces my back (the other guy had it opposite of me so the 3 of us in here when looking at our computers would not be in direct view of each other). There are 3 reasons I find this very uncomfortable:
1. I will now feel very self conscious about my ass and what may or may not be peeking out of the top of it.
2. He can see anything I do on my computer with a mere flick of the eyes.
3. It feels like someone is constantly looking over my shoulder.

Although I was successful in getting a new identity (partly), the rest of today totally blows.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the size of the mole on Fred Savage in that Austin Powers movie?

P.S. I'm sooo glad I have my own ofice!

1:33 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

MrAK -
That's b/c you're just too lazy to do it. You'd have me take your picture for you if you could.
MrsAK

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home