Monday, January 09, 2006

What Day Is It?

Not a whole lot went on this weekend. For the most part I slept thru most of it. For once we had no set plans or any place to be so I just caught up on some much needed sleep. The good kind. Where you fall asleep right away and drift away into that deep, deep slumber. Dreams and all. It was fantastic.

** MOVIE REVIEW: HOSTEL **
We saw it last night. Movie by Quentin Terrantino about US kids travelling to Europe before going to college but end up being sold to an underground torture mafia. Where people pay to torture humans any way they want to fulfill their sick, twisted fantasies. It was ok. Bottom line, it had good gore but not enough of it. Not nearly enough of it. Story is based on true events so its a pretty solid & believable concept but they spent too much time in the beginning setting it up instead of showing what actually happens to them. The previews make it seem like it shows more gore then most scary movies. Nope. Its graphic but not a lot of it. I really can't say this is worth seeing in the theater. Wait for the rental.

BTW - I'm never going to Europe now and if I do I'm certainly not staying in any hostels. Thems Europeans are all kinds of fucked up.

Just kidding. I'll go but it's all first class for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tequila Red said...

Dude! I can't believe you went to see a scary movie without me. Anyway, I'm still dragging my boyfriend to see this at some point this week. He'll pee his pants.

1:03 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

The Grudge still stands as one of the best scary movies to see in a theater. Maybe it had to do with my company though. ; )

Joshy is scwared of scwary movies? They make him tinkle tinkle?! Awh, you can always watch thru your hands.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home