Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Bah Humbug

In case its not painfully obvious, I just have not felt inspired lately. I grasp at straws to find something, anything even remotely entertaining or controversial to write about. All I can come up with is santas falling off trains. Everything seems to be so cliche and boring. I think I need a break. The holidays are draining me and for the first time I feel like the bah humbug.

Every responsibility I have seems so extradornarily drawn out, tedious and tiresome. I guess I'm feeling consumed more by the mundane tasks of life rather then the exilarating moments. Maybe I'm just feeling nostalgic about the days when we didn't have to worry about mortgage payments, getting fired from your job & getting the "insert any car part here" fixed. The days where all you had to worry about was doing your homework as fast as you could so you could go wander about the woods making trails in the glistening snow with your friends (back when it wasn't scary to let your kids wander around unsupervised in the neighborhood woods). Back when x-mas eve was the most exciting night of the year, even more so then your birthday, and sometimes if you listened hard enough you swore SWORE you heard faint sleigh bells jingling in the middle of the night, even when you knew Santa didn't exist.

Sighhh. Oh to be a kid again. Remember when you were young and all the adults would say to you "ohhh to be a kid again." But at the time you scrunched your nose at them and just thought silly OLD person. Well now I know how they felt and it saddens me. Where did all the years go? Time is whizzing past me and every time I sit and think for a minute about it, I seem to be yet another year older and another year farther from my youth.

As I said, I need a break. I need to recharge. I'm hoping the couple days off work and spending the holidays with the families will breathe some new life into my worn down soul and provide new inspiration. Perhaps shake me from dwelling on times past and comparing them to the present. Its time to clear my head and just enjoy the holidays as innocently as we did when we were children.

So with that I say Merry Christmas! And for those of you out there that take offense to that, too bad. I'm tired of saying Happy Holidays. Merry Christmas is not said to demoralize anyone's religion, so get over it. Either way, here's to a happy NEW year! May it be prosperous, happy & healthy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home