Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Peoples Gassholes

I hate Chicago utility companies. I can only suspect that in other cities it must be the same b/c they are all the devil's spawn. Yesterday I got this in the mail from Peoples Gas:

Yup, thats right folks a bill for a whopping $.44. Thing is, its not even for MY service! Before I moved into our condo, we lived in an apartment. 3 months before I moved out I diligently called PG and told them "hey I'm moving out, I won't be living here anymore so shut my service off by soandso date." They said all was noted & taken care of nooo problem, heck this happens every day, its a routine procedure.

So we move out all is swell, until I get a bill forwarded to me at my new address. Its a bill for $29.64 FOR THE MONTH AFTER I MOVED OUT. I ignore it thinking they'll realize their mistake and will bill the correct person. Then the month after I get another bill but this one is for less $29.24. SoI finally am forced to call PG and say WTF. I called 5 months ago and cancelled this shit why are you billing me. They tell me they have no record of me calling to cancel my service, I have to pay it and in order to cancel it I have to fax them a copy of my mortgage (huh?) to prove I don't live at that apt anymore. I ask to talk to a manager, they put me on hold come back and say they'll have to call me back. Uhm, yeah right. So Mr. Melmar gets on the horn and tries to resolve this. After he gets the same story he blows up and long story short, after making the person on the other line feel like a monkey could do a better job (as he is known to do so well), he says all we need to do is pay the $29.24, that we technically don't owe, and we're done. I, in turn, immediately pay this.

Well, that was months ago and now I get this bill for 44 fucking cents that they mark as "pay immediately"!! PLUS $.01 of that is a late fee?! They are trying to collect the balance from that first invoice. F them. I hope they get a gas leak in their building and all suffocate. Seriously. I have to call these people AGAIN and argue, with basically myself, about fourty fucking four cents. They're not getting it. They're not. No way. Nope. I hate them. I wish they'd just die....

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendi O said...

That's riDONKulous. Kick some gassy butt, woman!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home