Thursday, October 13, 2005

HNT IV


Saw David Gray last night. I thought the show was great, PE thought it was soso. Yes the set list was ordinary but beyond that Gray put on a fantastic show. DG has a song called Freedom and the first 2 lines of it are "Take your eyes off me There's nothing here to see" and I find it ironic b/c you can't and there is. If you do look away you lose part of the experience. Watching him perform is like taking a deep breath, holding it and eventually slowly exhaling. He's mesmorizing. He exudes so much energy & spirit. You feel his purpose, his meaning, his soul and relate *it* (whatever *it* is to you) somehow or way to yourself. He's a master of transforming heartache, love, longing & lust into music. He's just one of those artists that can sell it to you. It doesn't feel like he's just up there to sing a song and make some money off it. Whatever inspired him to write a song, it looks or feels like he relives that experience it each time he sings it. I don't know, maybe it was just this show, maybe I'm being a little bit bohemian about it, but either way THIS show was amazing....to me.

Now with all that lala crap out of the way, its intriguing how music affects people differently. IMO at a DG show you only have 2 kinds of fans, the jerk offs and the cool people. The jerk offs being the ones yelling 'Fuck yeah man, YEAH, yeah Fucking A man" then scream out during a quiet part of a "romantic" song "Sox Win, Fuck Yeah Sox Win!!"

Or you have the extreme stalker revellers that get the seats DIrectly front and center in front of DG then stand up almost thru the whole show (is it that necessary to stand when you are close enough that if he farts you'll smell it? Is it necessary to show that you are that big of a fan of his that not only did you get the closest seats possible but have to stand too?)

Or you have the drunk girl who thinks she's the hottest thing ever wearing her special sparkley sparkle look at me concert shirt who also stands up thru the whole show but dances an overly emphatic Axle Rose to every song surely annoying the poor bastard sitting next to her.

Or you have the yuppie drunk ass frat boy wearing his sports jacket with jeans, standing, yelling (almost like the Fuck Yeah people), spilling his drink, alternating from taking one blurry picture after the next with his camera to calling everyone on his cell phone and waving it around and literally forcing his date to reluctantly stand with him (when you can tell she absoluely does not want to, draw more attraction to them and having people see that yes, yes she IS with that guy and she's not just sitting by him by chance).

Then of course there are the cool people like PE & myself.

Ok meeting time gotta run....

15 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Permission to totally hate you?

God, you're perfect. Bitch. (Oh, I mean that in a Paris Hilton kind of way, not as an insult.)

Seriously beautiful HNT>

10:42 AM  
Blogger Tequila Red said...

"I'll give you $20 to lick your tattoo."

HA HA HA HA! Good times, good times.

11:00 AM  
Blogger bricotrout said...

am i the only one that notices the persons leg beside you? i love it!!! way to be hidden with the cropping yet revealing to the accute eye!!! yummy!
this is my favorite so far today. ill have to give this a nod tomorrow on my site if thats allright!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Very pretty HNT..love the tattoo :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

Robin - Permission granted. But I'll still love you...as long as you keep dropping compliments like that!

TR - I'll take your money! Momma needs a new camera phone!

Shay - thnx!

Bricotrout - thnx too! But there is no other leg next to me. I think what you see is my arm that I was kind of leaning on. I took this photo by myself against a mirror. Me likes being a favorite! You can plug me on your site. Much appreciated!

tblue - everyone at some point should have the word stunning used to describe them. thnx!

MWAH to all! Long live HNT!

2:21 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

Oops! Missed one!

Leesa - Thank you! I've actually thought about modifying it to quelch this desire for a second. But I believe it may ruin it so maybe not.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Myssa said...

Oh very nice...Very artistic...And a self-shot at that? Great job! Happy HNT...I'm sooo envious!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Concert Josh said...

eh, alright I guess...

4:28 PM  
Blogger ... said...

lol - love the concert character list. drunk lady fell on me once during slow song and my bf who was trying to sneak some tongue put his tooth through my lip - ouch - damn drunk lady. nice tat doll, happy hnt!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Jada said...

Absolutely Fabulous! And I don't throw around the Ab-Fab's willy nilly, either.

Thanks for adding me to your blog roll, too. I need to update mine.

Methinks we should grab Ms. Tequila and go get nuts sometime.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

And, where can we buy more of these? ;-)

Happy HNT!

5:38 AM  
Blogger Mara said...

oooh sexy as hell... Happy HNT babe!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Wendi O said...

Wowza! That picture is sizzling, chica.

9:13 AM  
Blogger melmar said...

Concert Josh - If so "eh" why you calling me in the middle of the night? ; )

Femi-Mommy - All were real characters, thats the sad part. Very annoying. As for your lip, ouch! New meaning to body modification.

The Jade - I'm game and we've been known to get a little squirrelly, ahem, cough, Tiny. Lets make it happen soon.

1:02 PM  
Blogger bricotrout said...

oh, thats NOT a leg? shucks. well, i still think its a fine ass pic in many aspects.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home