Monday, October 03, 2005

Come on N Ride it

Glad I drove in today. I would have been in a foul mood if I had to deal with this today.


This makes the third el accident in the last 3 years (I think its 3 years). Maintenance trains or not it still counts. And feel free to throw in the recent Metra accident too. With the conductors blatant disregard for safety, terrorists attacking trains in other countries, and Jesus fanatics raping our ears, its all making it really hard to ride. I think its time the CTA sits down, seriously reevaluate their operating standards and who they are hiring to drive these trains. Granted there have only been about 6 or 7 previous accidents in the el's histroy (est. 1892), which isn't bad, but having 3 more occur within the last 2-3 years?! You do the math. For now I'll take my chances driving myself. Hopefully going home tonight for the el riders won't be a bad as it was coming in. Bon voyage travelers...

4 Comments:

Blogger Elle said...

Good God! What line was that? That is seriously frightening, considering that I used to choose the El over the scary buses on a regular basis!

12:40 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

It was the Red Line up by the Addison stop. So between Addison and Fullerton, it was shut down early early this AM. It was back up and running at about 7am but Brown and Red had to share 2 tracks instead of the normal 4. Purple was canceled all together. (P.S. That picture was from a previous crash, not today's!!)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

I see...I got all confused like. Still, why is it that I swear the stoooopid train always breaks down at the most populous of stops. Something I don't miss.

6:53 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

Exactly. How come its not always breaking down in the south side? Only the north side. Its a conspiracy.

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home