Friday, November 18, 2005

At Least It's Friday

I'm having a bad day. I think it started in the parking garage when the dumbass in a big ass white van craaaaaaaawwwwwwwwllllllleeeeeed up the ramp 9 floors causing a 10 car pile up behind him making everyone who was on time, late. Or maybe it was when I realized that my husband fell asleep on the couch again and not snuggled up with me. Plus the work thing (one of those problems where its an interpretation/personal preference thing). Maybe its just b/c I'm pissed its cold now. Who knows. Either way its a crappy day.

I walked down Michigan Ave today and saw a horse & carriage. You know the ones you can rent that are really only rented by tourists? And I thought how could that possibly be any fun, especially on Michigan Ave? Also, don't even get me started on how horse hooves are not meant for concrete, shoe'd or not. But think about it, you're sitting out in the open, watching & listening to traffic while sucking in bus exhaust fumes. Cars are either honking at you b/c you're moving too slow and causing them to miss their light or they're whizzing past you. There's really nothing to see, it's a street, it has stores, there's traffic, big whoop. Plus right now, its freezing your ass off, or in the summer, sweating it off. Then if your horse takes a big dump, bag or not, you're still in the wake of that oderiferous delight. Sound fun? I think not.

I've also been adding up all the little tasks that I need to do personally and on the homefront and it's getting really exhausting. There's decorating, ordering my wedding pictures, filing of piles & piles of boring paperwork, my laundry & his, changing my name and everything else that goes with that, setting up yet another roll over account for my 401k from my previous job, getting my husband on my insurance b/c his sucks, new insurance for the condo, my car needs an oil change, new muffler (I hope thats all that loud rattling noise is when I accelerate) and an emmissions test that I've blown off since Sept when it was due, digging out winter clothes and sadly retiring the cute summer ones, moving shit out of the condo into the storage unit etc etc etc etc etc. I'm disconnecting the phones while I try to knock a huge chunck of these off my list this weekend. Sound fun? I think not.

2 Comments:

Blogger kazumi said...

I understand what you're talking about on the horse and carriage front.

I never understand why people run across the Sydney Harbour Bridge as they're exercising next to eight lanes of traffic.

But then again, I don't understand why people run in the first place...

Good luck with the weekend chores.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

hope you have a better weekend.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home