Thursday, May 25, 2006

No, Just Don't.



This will never be a good look. For anyone.

# # # # # #

I received some bad family news last night. I do not want to talk about it for 2 reason's. Family privacy and b/c I'll fall apart if I do, which of course would destroy my whole tough girl image. So don't ask. Things seem to be very positive that everything will be ok. Only time will tell.

In the mean time humor I find is really one of the only things that I can cling to to keep spirits up (for me and for everyone else) and keeps the brain from wandering into dangerous destructive territory. I just don't know how else to handle tough situations like this without breaking down into a big pile of wet tissues and bringing everyone else down with me.

Outlooks need to be positive. Lucky for me work is busy as hell and I have tons of schoolwork to help keep my mind elsewhere. And I have a huge support system to back me up (Paul - Thank you for the things you said last night and the things you promised to do if the need arises).

I doubt I'll be blogging much in the next week so everyone have a good holiday, stay safe and out of trouble. Also, if there is anyone you love or have anything special to say to them but haven't, please PLEASE tell them. Always make sure the people you care about know how you feel, don't assume they just know. Time is short and the future is unknown.

3 Comments:

Blogger Osbasso said...

I'm a little surprised no one's commented here yet...

I particularly like your last paragraph. Why is it that it takes something traumatic for us to think like that? I do hope that all turns out well, but don't be afraid to let others support you if needed!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Wendi O said...

Aw Mel, I hope everything turns out ok. But I know how you feel about not wanting to discuss it -- the "What's wrong?" and "Are you ok?" questions can instantaneously reduce me to tears, even on my best days.

And the J-girls are totally rocking that trendy, plus I have to admit they look quite saucy. I'm bringing you home a pair.

1:05 PM  
Blogger VelvetJinxx said...

God, life is hard.

I'm thinking about you this week!

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home