Monday, March 21, 2005

Last Weekend In Review

FRIDAY NIGHT:
2 bar parties hosted by fiance's co-workers (one Wicker Park, other West Loop). Gallons of booze swilled. I had some wickedly sexy cleavage on display. Which is prob what brielfy reverted me to my old college self and thought fiance would like a surprise bathroom visit. HE did but all the other guys waiting in line didn't. Witnessed in-line pee dancing and jealous looks disguised as dirty ones. I just walked away smirking. Alas, karma hit me though when I was spotted peeing on my own shoes in an alley in the rain at the end of the night b/c women's line at the last bar had about a gazillion girls in it (which BTW was Hang Uppes and is the worst bar ever drunk OR sober. Don't ask. Don't. Just believe me. And it smelled.)

SATURDAY:
Hung over all day (I know, but at least I remembered what I did all night this time). Went to a fab dinner at Trattoria No. 10 on Dearborn. Had about 20 glasses of water. Busboy hated me. I hated girl sitting next to me. She resembled in every way a brunette Single White Female (the crazy one). In bed by midnight.


SUNDAY:
Yawn. Nothing special. Family shit.

TODAY:
Update to Doctor Dave Email!!!!!!!! Fiance wrote him back with very general deets last week (even said he was marrying me). Then for days we didn't hear back, till now. Nothing exciting but def. intruiging. Dr.D gave some more general info on himself and said he really wants to meet FI for lunch or a beer. Whta a mind fuck. All of a sudden out of the blue, 3 years later FI gets a "hey whats up" like nothing bad ever happened between the 3 of us??!! Like their non-communication and lost friendship were the result of a "too busy with life" or something.

Not normal. FI will meet with him but prob not until after we're all moved in next month. I'll update when their worlds collide yet again. Gee, I hope I still have a FI after that....

DOUBLE RARITY ON THE RED LINE!!
Chivalry still exists!!! On the el this morning, a kind man actually gave up his seat for me at Belmont. For really no reason. I mean I had a big, heavy bag, I was in a skirt and prob looked pissed off, per usual, but nothing screamed that I must have his seat. I politely refused at first but he said he was getting off soon anyways. I assumed it would be Fullerton so I accepted. Nope. It was Lake (my stoop). He rode the whole way in standing, ironically, on one of the slowest AND most crowded rides. Thing is, not only was he nice to me (which made my day) but he was hot! Hence, DROTRL. There is still hope, remember that the next time some asshole guy does/says/implies some asshole thing to you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tequila Red said...

Dear Hotstuff:

I'd give you my seat on the el any day. No, wait, I'd probably just make you sit on my lap. Nevermind.

Love,

Tequila Red

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home