Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Authentic Melmar

Well all of it is authentic but a handful of people have suggested and encouraged I post some of the "real" stuff I've written. Which again, everything I put on here is "real." The word "real" is subjective. But I know what everyone means, they want some of the deep down, inner poetic Melmar. Not the observational journalesque writing I churn out. So to appease the masses (ahem) here is something I wrote worthy of Beginners Lit I.


"Perpetual Encore"

The vibrant sun melts into the horizon
and eventually the black velvet curtain is drawn.

The haunting stillness and silence of night
replace the ordinary sounds of day.

Through the skeletons of trees
flicker tiny images of white.

Soon a cameo of the moon appears
during an intermission of clouds.

In the distance, dehydrated leaves rustle
in response to earth's chilled breath.

Before long, the shadows of gray and black bow out
and like clockwork the curtain begins to rise,

as night slowly fades
into the familiar shades of dawn.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool blog, love that jackson browne song that greeted me when i visited, jackson browne, brings back memories of my freshman year in college

9:09 PM  
Blogger Osbasso said...

I think I prefer this to the dreams!

Love the picture! Did you take it?

2:46 PM  
Blogger melmar said...

Eternal - There is something about that song that just sticks with me.

Osbassso - I didn't take that picture. I just googled one. Yes my dreams can be very scary and disturbing.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home